Jelgava's VITUS karate club was founded by Vitaly Mishin in 2012. The club is a member of the Latvian Federation of Karate, and the Latvian IJKA Karate Federation.
What do our students gain by regularly doing karate in our club?
- Versatile physical development. Our training program includes the basics of athletics, yoga, acrobatics, wrestling, fitness, boxing and team sports.
- Improve your social communication skills. Training is done in Latvian, English and Russian, and we study the terminology of karate in Japanese.
- Respect and take care of yourself and your partners. From the first step into the gym, we learn to respect and trust our team and the place of training. Karate begins with a bow.
- Develop leadership qualities. Competition at all ages teaches you to make quick decisions and take responsibility for them.
- You will never be alone. Boys and girls, and men and women from 3 to 47 years old train in our club. There is always an opportunity to ask an older student for advice and support each other.
- Minimum material costs. The membership fee in the club is €50 per month and you can train up to 6 times a week. The necessary equipment for safe and quality training costs approximately €80 for 2 years.
- You can always move forward towards your goal. You can participate in competitions, seminars and training camps, with certification by real masters of their craft.
- Training in the same gym with the best under the guidance of the best. The sportsmen of our club have been participating in international championships of various levels and styles of karate for 20 years. The coaches of our club have international and national coaching certification.
- Excellent training conditions. Train in a well-equipped spacious 200 square meter hall with a beautiful third floor view of the city of Jelgava.